We are actively seeking committed board members.
Since 1995, Wild Bear Mountain Ecology Center has been fostering a life-long appreciation of the environment and promoting an environmentally-aware, responsible and ecologically-sound community. We are the only non-profit nature center in Boulder County, open almost every day to the general public and provide year-round nature workshops to all ages.
Wild Bear has accomplished a tremendous amount over the last 20 years, including land preservation, land stewardship, plans to build a state-of-the-art ecology center on its own land and development of growing programs that have impacted thousands of people. Most recently, in 2010, through strategic planning and implementation, Wild Bear’s Board of Directors secured funding, designed and opened the interim nature center in downtown Nederland, and now Wild Bear is on a very positive growth trajectory. All of this has been accomplished through the leadership of a strong Board of Directors–a group of passionate community members who believe this mission is critical at this modern time.
There is an opportunity to join our Board of Directors, where you’d work with intelligent, hard working, environmentally-aware and professional people who want to make a difference. Wild Bear is on solid footing and are now working toward continued growth and development of a capital campaign to achieve our vision of building an off-the-grid ecology center that will be an educational model of sustainability. Now is an exciting time to get involved.
Current duties of the Board of Directors include:
- Developing and approving the annual budget
- Overseeing the monthly financials (in comparison to theWB_DirectorsJobDescription_FINAL2018 (2) annual budget)
- Overseeing the implementation of the annual financial review/audit
- Development and implementation of the Strategic Plan in collaboration with staff
- Developing and implementing the annual fundraising goals
- Participating in monthly board meetings and completing action items between meetings
- Development and oversight of operational policies as needed
- Active networking and promotion of Wild Bear in the community
- Representing at key Wild Bear events and activities
- Read the full board member job description here.
- Have past non-profit experience
- Are passionate about Wild Bear’s mission
- Understand and are willing to make the commitment to one board meeting per month and several hours each month between meetings
- Willing to make a meaningful donation to the organization annually
- Are willing to make connections for Wild Bear in support of its strategic goals
- Have a “can-do” and positive attitude toward a growing non-profit
- Have demonstrated excellent follow-through with commitments
- Professional experience with one or more of the following:
- Strategic Planning/Business Development
Thank you for considering joining our Board of Directors. If you would like to apply for a board position, please fill out the application. If you have any questions for the Board of Directors, please email us! We look forward to learning more about how and how you’d like to put your skills to use.